Obtaining an Associate of Arts degree in Humanities, finally achieved this past spring semester at Modesto Junior College. I was privileged enough to be able to take the first astronomy lab after the opening of the best planetarium in the world. After my husband has achieved his BA in Organizational Management and my sons are out of high school, I will hopefully be able to continue on.
Helping Ethan acquire a new cat, Mia:
Celebrating 17 years married to my best friend:
[Did you notice the aquarium in the background? Got it for $50 from family. It didn’t stop there. There are now three tanks in the house, with many, many fish in them.]
Day-trippin’ it to the beach:
Waiting for Lee and David to collect drift wood off the beach for the fish tanks:
Volunteering as President for The Christian Apologetics Alliance since June 1:
Going to see Wicked in Sacramento:
Getting involved in Modesto’s neighboring movement:
- Leibnizian Moral Argument?
- Apologetics youth leader Q&A: What works?!
- Who needs answers when nobody’s askin’?
Training my kids in apologetics:
- David turned 13 in February and Ethan just turned 16 in June! David is continuing in honors classes when he starts 8th grade, and Ethan is beginning early college classes when he enters his junior year in August.
- Ethan presented this at his school: The Problem of Evil (guest post)
- Ethan and David read these books with me, then Ethan goes with me to meetings:
- “Handbook of Christian Apologetics” by Kreeft & Tacelli for Apologetics @ the Bean
- “On Guard” by WLC for Reasonable Faith chapter meetings
[David’s deal in 7th grade was Minecraft Club. Ethan got to go to a beach by Cal Poly and also to Disneyland with his Robotics and Skills USA peeps.]
Going to Apologetics @ the Bean before Ethan made it cool:
Creating a YouTube playlist for Young Apologists (and compiling other resources).
I am job hunting, as we are in need of more predictable income that freelancing so far has not provided.
I will continue hang-time with God and family, improving as a neighbor, and developing various projects with The Christian Apologetics Alliance, like the CAA Catechism and other resources for young apologists.
What have YOU been up to? This year is half over!
Here is our most recent family pic, in case you missed it: